Wednesday, October 27, 2010

50th Day of School Lunch

50th Day of School Lunch


I saw this Kiwistein on Another Lunch last night, and I actually had some kiwi, so I thought I would give it a try in my Halloween theme lunch.  Kiwistein, severed fingers still dripping with blood, and a pastrami sandwichstein.  The sandwich looks more like a cute robot, but hey it's still fun. 

For the kiwistein, I used candy corn for the eyes, and my bone picks made perfect ears.  The fingers are pie crust with strawberry jelly at the end.

5 comments:

Libby said...

I am totally stealing the kiwistein idea from you! What did you use for the whites on the sandwich's eyes? I'm hoping you've had a brain storm and it's not egg, mozzarella or marshmallow (which has egg) since our allergies eliminate those. Thanks!

Emily Ng said...

Wow...super nice bento...love the kiwistein and the fingers. :)

Liza said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to following yours too... And I love the kiwistein idea - might have to give it a whirl!!! :)

What Can He Eat? said...

Libby, the eyes are marshmallow. My son is also very allergic to eggs. I don't have the package that they came in, so I can't double check the ingredients. However, if they do contain eggs, he has been eating them for years with no obvious effects. I'm certainly going to check.

What Can He Eat? said...

Hi Emily and Liza thanks for stopping by and following.