Tuesday, August 31, 2010

12th Day of School Lunch

Didn't wake up when I should have, however, I am quite proud of myself because I cooked three meals last night. We are just going to forget that I planned on doing this Sunday. So today and tomorrow I don't have to go home and cook Yay Me!!! I know I am going to cook shrimp on Friday, I just need to figure out what to cook for Thursday.

Anywho, back to lunch for today, a slice of brown rice bread, a strawberry, grapes, left over broccoli from dinner, left over corn from Saturday, and corn fettuccine. Wow that's alot of corn. I forgot when making this that the pasta is actually corn pasta, which Mani is so in love with. I actually love it too, but it too expensive for the whole family to eat. A box cost $7.99, now compare that to the box of whole wheat pasta that I purchased for $0.88. The store owner also said that the penne is also excellent I will try that next time.


This is the first time I put broccoli in his lunch we will see if it comes back untouched. I have high hopes because he said it was really good after dinner last night. I found the broccoli on sale. I got two big bushels for $1.00.

I couldn't help adding the picks, we'll see what he has to say about that.

1 comment:

What Can He Eat? said...

Two carrots and one broccoli came back, not bad.

No comment about the picks, but of course I didn't ask.