Sunday, September 5, 2010

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


In the oven now, and I already see our mistake. I used crisco instead of butter because I didn't have any of the normal dairy free butter I use to bake. My son thought the mix looked a little dry. So I thought I would add some water like the crisco website said. Big mistake the ones before the water was added turned out good.

The only reason I tried to make these with out the butter was because we went to a barbecue at his grandfather's house and normally he never has any dessert. But this time he had caramel cake and Mani was sad he couldn't have any. He said we were all lucky and that he was tried of not being able to eat things. His grandfather gave him a plum and he was sort of fine with that.

Mani really wants to like chocolate but he just doesn't care for the taste.  However, that doesn't stop him from begging for chocolate.  I always feel guilty and buy it, even though I know he won't like it.  The bag of chocolate chips above are the ones from the mix that he made me sift out.  

1 comment:

What Can He Eat? said...

Mani decided to use the chocolate chips to make smores. And he actually likes them on the smores. I tried some in the muffins we made but he didn't like them in there. But I'm glad they are not going to waste.