Monday, September 13, 2010

20th Day of School Lunch

20th Day of School Lunch
Bacon and lettuce on white rice bread, carrots, cantaloupe, and vanilla cake muffin.

Mani actually surprised me yesterday and asked could we bake something again for him like the past weeks.  I had an unofficial goal of trying to bake or make something special for him on the weekends.  But I didn't really expect him to notice (silly of me), so now I guess it's an official goal.  Which I haven't decided is a good thing or a bad thing. 

This weekend was busy, my little sister flew in town for her best friend's wedding and of course I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. So the last thing I wanted to do last night after fighting the terrible traffic to the airport was bake something.  But we he compromised and we made the Chi Chi's corn cake mix.  It was the quickest and easiest thing and Mani was very happy and he enjoyed  helping me.

Once I made the mix I figured I would cook the fish for today's dinner.  I'm glad I did because the only thing on Mani's mind as we left out for school this morning was going to the skate park again after school.  Yesterday was his first time going and he felt very intimidated at first but he finally was able to go down one small ramp and he was happy, YAY.

1 comment: