Tuesday, November 23, 2010

68th Day of School Lunch


68th Day of School Lunch
Turkey, bacon, and lettuce sandwich, carrots, Fritos, and grapes.

Mani's class is going to take a field trip to the movies and the letter said they should bring extra money to buy lunch in the mall.  No backpacks are allowed but they can take a bag lunch.  So me being who I am instantly envision about 5 bad scenarios in my head.  I have to consciously work on that a lot harder.  So I ask Mani what would he like to do.

Mani-  I'll take a bag lunch.
Me- But what if you lose it and you'll have to carry it around with you.
Mani-  It's cool I can eat some of it in the movies.
Me-  But what if we go to the mall before hand and I'll show you the places you can eat at and what you can have.  (And I start rambling about how we have to make sure he has some options because if the lines are long and blah blah blah  more bad scenarios ......)

He looks at me with this concerned look on his face.  So I stop rambling.
Mani- Mommy why are you going on like this?
Me-  Because I'm your mommy and I worry about you.
Mani- Mommy it's fine I want to take a bag lunch and besides who wants to spend money on lunch anyway, I can save that money or spend it on something else.

He is really into not wasting money lately. His school has days when the students can pay $3 to be out of uniform, but he doesn't feel he should waste $3 to be out of uniform.  The last time I even sent the $3 to school  just in case he changed his mind when he saw all of his friends paying to be out of uniform.  But he came home with the $3 and asked if he could add it to the other money he had in his wallet and wore his uniform that Friday with out any complaints after school.

Wednesday always seems to come so fast, I always have cute ideas planned in my head but they never seem to make it  in to the lunch box.  So this will be my  What's for Lunch Wednesday Week 26.

No comments: